Thursday, February 24, 2011

Murphy's Law

Important appointment at 9am and a major job interview at 1pm.


Yeah... that's how it's gonna be tomorrow. 

My grandmother's got the entire church praying for me to find a job and my close friend in North Carolina has a million candles burning in his house. Everyone is rooting for me, expect for the weather.

I hate snow. I really do. It's like the burden that keeps us going here though. Us buffaloians are miserable people who in the winter time, you just don't want to approach. The attitude I can deal with, on a daily basis. It's the driving. 

It's the sliding when you want to stop. The holding your breath at every intersection because not only you can't stop, neither can anyone else. It's the person doing 90 mph in the bad weather and then stop right on your bumper expecting you to speed up. It's the not being able to see the stop signs or lights, or other cars. 

It's scary. Very scary and if it wasn't for the prospect of me getting a great wonderful job close to home and the appointment that will help my family out during my unemployment, I would be curled up on the couch with a cup of coffee. 

Wish me luck and say a little prayer. For the job, and for safe driving. 


1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about winter driving here in northern Indiana! I am so ready for spring--this winter has been long enough!

    ReplyDelete

Use your right to freedom of speech!