Monday, July 5, 2010

Let's get wasted! It's for our country, damnit!

I honestly started writing a post about how the 4th of July brings families together, what kind of great food you can make, etc.etc. but I got kinda side tracked.


Yea... that's what happened. Bad, Katie, Bad.

So I'm not-so regretting it today. A little hung over and extremely hot. I think the liquor is trying to escape my body, I don't blame it really.

My best friend and her kids, her friend John and my best two guy friends, Steveo and Scottie came over for a fun-filled time. Water balloons are the best for adults kids on a 90 degree day. We changed our clothes three times, and then went for fireworks at a local middle school.

Trust me, everyone's surprised that I remember this much.

The one thing I do distinctively remember, is a bottle rocket that went horribly wrong. My thigh and lip are swollen now.

No, it wasn't in a drunken mess where I decided to light one with my teeth, that would of been funny though.

One blew up just as it left the bottle, instead of in the sky, I was the only one not coherent enough, nor fast enough, to move out of the way.

So, lessons learned:

  • Do not mix Tequila and Jack Daniels together.
  • Everything people say while your drunk makes perfect sense, no matter what they're saying.
  • My friends are the greatest in the world.
  • No more bottle rockets. We'll get the big shit next year.
I hope everyone had a happy 4th of july!

2 comments:

  1. I love Jack. I love Jose, but they do not like each other. They tend to fight over which one is going to make me feel like Ive been run over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you girls can love Jack and Jose...they defintely DON'T love me! Lol..

    I really hope your lip and thigh feel better soon. I know I'D be the one that would of gotten hit as well. That's just how I roll!

    I hope you have a good weekend...I'm following you from my other blog now too. (Took me long enough, I know!)

    ReplyDelete

Use your right to freedom of speech!