Wednesday, March 10, 2010

And thus it begins...

For years I've been writing in journals... dozens are in boxes for proof. I've dotted off and on with the online blog scene. Slightly hesitate due to the non-privacy of it all. Now I've decided to keep with it, writing down my thoughts and feelings on life, love, my child, work and the world in general. There will be a lot of opinions here, so please be respectful.

If you don't know me already, my name is Katie. Good start to it all, huh? I'm a young mother of one, Darrell Alan. Little boy of three, I call him my sunshine. The light to my world, that might seem unhealthy but with everything that I've gone through the past few years, he's the first best thing that's ever happened to me.

The second best thing that's ever happened to me is my... I don't really know what to call him. I believe it's to childish and highschool-ish to call him my boyfriend. Life partner? Soul mate? Person who puts up with me? You pick, he's it. I don't even want to think where I'd be today without him. Probably six feet under. He's picked me up literally from the street and has made me who I am today. Giving me the hope and encouragement to become a better mother, a better friend and a better person.

I'm not as judgmental as I use to be, I still have my criticisms. But it's at a global level now. There is so much WRONG with this world, I don't even want to start. I know I am only one person, I know that only a handful of people actually care what happens to the next generation. But it's important, what we leave behind is what our children have to pick up, some which their lives depend on it.

So on a happy note, this is what's beginning. A new blog. Will it stay? I hope so....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use your right to freedom of speech!