Friday, March 12, 2010

Same old same old

Life being calm for me is actually a really good change. For years, I'm not exaggerating, it's been chaotic and ridiculous.

Darrell is spending the next couple of days with his grandparents, despite everything, I don't really mind it. His great-grandparents are coming from a couple of counties over to visit. Considering that he sees my grandmother every week, I think it's only fair. He really loves spending time with his Dad too. His hero. My ex is a firefighter, a good one at that. He lives and breathes for this stuff. The wailing of a siren perks him up from the deadest of sleep. My son is the same way, for the first few years of his life he grew up sleeping to the fire scanner. After a while, he started remembering the tones for his dad to leave. It's amazing that a 11 month old can wake up just as well as him to get to a call. To little though to fit into bunker gear.

St. Patrick's day is not going to be huge for us this year. I'm half Irish but my family really doesn't celebrate it as much as other S. Buffalo families do. I'm doing it the lazy way for the first time and making Corned Beef and Cabbage. The S.O. loves the stuff, I remember soggy cabbage and really sour beef. This was back when I was about 11-12 though. So hopefully my tastes have changed.

Some other things are going on right now with a few dear friends of mine, more or less extended family. All I want to say as of right now is just pray for the children, they've been through so much in so little time. Hopefully they come out of all of this well.

P.S. The S.O is the significant other, per my previous post I didn't feel right calling him my boyfriend. His actual name is Aaron. That's more simple, eh?

1 comment:

  1. I am a bit like Tony an Darrell my adrenaline runs each and every time a Police car rushes past lights on and siren going. The local government hates when the Police do this as it makes travelers not want to stop in Florence, and passers through make up a big ass chunk of the economy.

    ReplyDelete

Use your right to freedom of speech!