Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day Mania- What have you done to make your grandmother blush, or makes you the happiest?

Photobucket

Reading my reader like I do every day, religiously now that I've joined this lovely world, I fell onto this meme that's been floating around.

Really wish that I had started this when it first started, the themes are so honest and true.

But I will stop gawking at this wonderful lady's blog  and finish at least one question.

What do you enjoy most about being a mother...or...have you had an embarrassing mom moment?

First becoming a mother, I was terrified and ridiciously nervous. Nervous about being left alone with the baby, just in case something happened and I had no clue on what to do. Terrified because for this tiny little being, I am the center of their world. And whatever I do, I have to do it for them.

The fear didn't subside until he was about two. Until we were on our own, and I got back to basics with my little boy. I learned more about him in that time, and am still learning so much now.

He's a little ball of emotions, the simplest thing can just make him go into tears. He hates being teased, he hates having his feelings hurt.

When Darrell wants something, it needs to be a yes or a no answer. No maybes in his life. Nothing uncertain, it needs to be the truth. Or it will bite you in your ass.

He laughs at everything and anything. Silliness is his adopted middle name. Tickling is a past-time, not a treat in our household

The kid will ultimately zone out if watching his favorite TV show. A nuke can go off in my living room and his eyes will still be glued to the screen. You say his name, 654684351654654 times and not get a blink. Poke him. "Huh? What Mom?"

At the end of the day... what I enjoy most about being a mother... is having a little mini-me.

This monster of mine, his personality matches mine to a T. I know his quirks, his ups and downs, why he's feeling that certain way and what the tantrums are about.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes he blows me out of the water.

But he'll always be my little mini-me.


Photobucket
This is an old picture, but it shows how much he has a personality.
Who can fall asleep like this watching David Letterman???

1 comment:

  1. That is the cutest picture!!

    I have a Sunshine Award for you! Please pick it up at my website http://nomieecoware.blogspot.com.

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Use your right to freedom of speech!