Friday, May 14, 2010

A week in The Life

The one thing I regret most about my childhood is not knowing my mother. Of course, she was my mom. She was there. But I never knew her as a person, what she did day to day. Snippets and pieces of my seven years of existence with her are here and there. More memories flow in as long as I talk to her friends and my family, but it’s hard to remember that.

Looking at a blog named Pink of Perfection that I’ve been reading for the better part of two years. Yes, that’s how long I’ve been watching. I fell upon A Week in The Life.

You take pictures of yourself, daily. Whatever your doing. Either it be what your wearing, what your doing, who you’re with or your daily routine.

There’s a whole lot more suggestions over at the site , and I really suggest that everyone at least checks it out.

I can speak for myself that I’m not going to take pictures daily. It’s to redundant and keeping the camera out of my son’s hands is like convincing a tiger not to eat me.  And I really don’t have the patience to sit there and sort through pictures daily.

But to document my daily life weekly? In pictures? Sounds like a great idea.

So instead of me bugging all of my readers and new readers with hundreds of pictures of my son’s feet.  Because he likes taking pictures of his feet. A lot.  I’m going to go ahead and do it weekly. Nothing big, but it’s gonna be huge for me.

It could be huge for you also. Imagine showing your grandchildren this?

I remember when gas prices were $3.00

But grandma, gas has been turned into electric for ten years now.

Exactly


You can show them the proof. The proof that you actually did walk up hill… both ways… through the snow.. Past mountain lions and evil trolls… just to get to school. Because they have to go to school too.

1 comment:

  1. What is really funny is that my oldest daughter is 25 and my youngest son is 7. He asked my daughter one day ... when you were little was there... (I don't remember, but it made her laugh and feel old at the same time)

    Come Enter my Anniversary contest

    http://debbiellbriskincare.blogspot.com/2010/05/anniversary-month.html

    Can you share this contest?

    ReplyDelete

Use your right to freedom of speech!