Tuesday, May 11, 2010

You're never going to believe this

*Sigh*

So I'm coming out... blatantly stating what is truly truth and all knowing.

My Taco Dip rules.


Honestly, it's gotten so popular at my job I've put a boycott on it until people calm down.

I'm only one woman. 20 requests the first few times.

Aaron and Darrell were really full that week.

And because I love all of you so much, and I really do. I'm sharing it with you today.

Ingredients: 

24 oz Sour Cream
2 pkgs of Cream Cheese
24 oz of Salsa
Three Old El Paso Taco Seasoning packets
2 cups of seasoned cheese (take normal cheddar and pepper jack shredded, mix some seasoning in there)
Half a head of lettuce
2 lbs of lean ground beef

  1. Cook the Beef as directed. Season as instructed on the packets. Very simple.
  2.  Cool your beef, I usually put mine in the freezer for a little bit to speed up the process.
  3. Meanwhile, take a bowl and a mixer (do NOT hand mix this, you'll be feeling like you've been bench pressing all day). Put the 2 packages of cream cheese and all of the sour cream and mix. Put in 1 packet of seasoning. Mix until it comes out creamy. If there's chunks, it's fine. That's that extra "bite".
  4. Lay down the Salsa in a pan, and put in the cool beef. Lay in the sour cream mixture, add the cheese and then lettuce.

    Do it in this order, or you're lettuce will be soggy, the salsa will have a weird texture and it won't come out good. Trust me, many different varieties before I could get it to this point.

Top with whatever you feel like. I've done jalapeno peppers and black olives. Particularly, the black olives.

Mmmmm... 

Try it out. Tell me how you like it. If you've done this before, kudos to you. I didn't steal your recipe. It was a jedi mind trick.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I just found you through the tag along tuesdays thing. your blog is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am a new follower from TTA. My blog is gerhart-kids.blogspot.com

    I can not wait to try that recipe.SOunds yummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! That sounds so good! I will have to try it soon!
    I am following from Tuesday Tag-Along. Please come visit @ www.happyfamilyhappykids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks sooo yummy.

    thanks for the post and for following greensubmarine!

    love your blog also. i am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

Use your right to freedom of speech!